We liked the snorkel trip so much we returned to book the Swamp Walk! The guides really know what they are talking about and were able to adapt our tours to accommodate my parents (70+ years) my preschooler and elementary schooler as well as my husband and I, with remarkable ease. Loved learning about the real FL! Once in a lifetime experience – fun for the whole family!!
Swamp Walk with a Naturalist and 10,000 Islands Boat Tour
Day Tour / Eco Tour
WE PROVIDE ROUND-TRIP TRANSPORTATION
— From your hotel, cruise ship or airport.
Ask about our pre-cruise, post-cruise and shore excursions.
We will store your bags and provide necessary transportation for free; shaping transfers to your needs.
THIS TRIP WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!
This is a bucket list item. You just have to try it! Explore the vast, subtle beauty of Everglades National Park and Big Cypress National Preserve with a biologist and Florida Master Naturalist guide. This swamp walk with a naturalist under a cypress canopy forest will change your life. You will experience complete immersion in the rare beauty of this amazing ecosystem. Then, venture with a guide on a thrilling boat tour of the 10,000 Islands section of the Everglades. Enjoy lunch and cultural/historical experiences in Everglades City and nearby areas.
Trip Advisor Review:
- Adults $249
- Children (12 and under) $199
- Special Discount: $20 off adult reservations for groups of 4 or more.
- Please ask about special group pricing for groups of 8 or more!
GET YOUR FEET WET WITH A FLORIDA MASTER NATURALIST AND FIND THE REAL FLORIDA.
NO TOUR HAS OUR LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE.
TAKE A MOMENT TO READ OUR “ABOUT US” PAGE.
DAY TOUR: Embark on a 60-minute guided boat tour with a multi-generation boat captain of the remote and pristine 10,000 Islands in Everglades National Park, where you will spot a wondrous array of wildlife and tropical birds. The Everglades is the largest subtropical wilderness in the United States, and is home to several endangered species like the Florida panther and the American crocodile. Enjoy a delicious lunch at a local restaurant. Travel back in time to Florida’s Seminole and pioneer past with a visit to a historic trading post. Have your picture taken at the smallest post office in the U.S.A. With your expert guide, head out on an amazing swamp walk to a cypress dome in Big Cypress National Preserve. Big Cypress is the most biologically diverse region in South Florida. With your biologist guide, explore the flora and fauna of this unique ecosystem, which includes orchids, bromelieads, alligators, numerous species of birds, the Florida black bear, and more! This wet hike into the unique ecosystem of lush cypress canopy is breathtaking. It will change your life! Find the real Florida!
- Round-trip transportation from the Greater Ft. Lauderdale and Miami-Dade County areas. We pick up any hotel south of Commercial Blvd. in Ft. Lauderdale. If you are coming from an area north of Commercial Blvd., we can provide an easy and convenient meet up location from where you can begin the day’s journey. We can pick you up from your cruise ship (post-cruise) and take you to your hotel or to either Miami or Ft. Lauderdale Airport. We also can provide pre-cruise opportunities as well.
- Hike with your expert guide: This swamp walk into the lush cypress canopy of a breathtakingly unique eco-system will change your life.
- Experienced Naturalist, biologist guide.
- 60-minute, guided boat tour of the remote and pristine 10,000 Islands in Everglades National Park, where you can spot a wondrous array of wildlife, like crocodiles, manatees and dolphin; and many species of birds, like osprey, roseatte spoonbills and more.
- Delicious lunch at a local restaurant (also includes vegetarian and vegan choices).
- Historic trading post – A fascinating look at Florida’s Seminole and pioneer past.
- A highly personalized, small group tour.
INTERESTED IN A PRIVATE TOUR? Just ask us for details and rate information.
DO YOU HAVE A LARGER GROUP? We have a lot of experience with larger groups. Just ask us for special group rate details and discounts.
- All inclusive
- Pick up at approximately 7:30 to 7:45 a.m. at your hotel. (Please arrive at the location 20 minutes in advance).
- Drop off at same location at about 5 p.m. (based on normal driving conditions.)
- Note: Tour times may vary due to unexpected traffic issues.
- We provide walking sticks, sunscreen, insect repellent (in case needed), towels, water shoes, bottled water, other beverages, snacks, and more.
- You can consider bringing: a camera, a dry bag (optional), a pair of old sneakers (if preferable to the water shoes), a change of clothes, and a hat (if you prefer).
- A delicious local lunch is included (with vegetarian and vegan choices).
- The wet hike is rated as easy to moderate. You should be in decent physical condition.
- Parts of this tour are weather permitting. There is always a chance that parts of this tour may have to be changed due to weather conditions.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults. 2 person minimum requirement for booking online.