Swamp Walk with a Master Naturalist and 10,000 Islands Boat Tour
Day Tour / Eco Tour
WE PROVIDE ROUND-TRIP TRANSPORTATION
— From your hotel, cruise ship or airport.
Ask about our pre-cruise, post-cruise and shore excursions.
THIS TRIP WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!
This is a bucket list, once in a lifetime experience! Explore the vast, subtle beauty of Everglades National Park and Fakahatchee Strand with a biologist and Florida Master Naturalist guide. This swamp walk with a naturalist under a cypress canopy forest will change your life. You will experience complete immersion in the rare beauty of this amazing ecosystem. Then, venture with a guide on a thrilling boat tour of the 10,000 Islands section of the Everglades. Enjoy lunch and cultural/historical experiences in Everglades City and nearby areas.
Just One Recent Review:
GET YOUR FEET WET WITH A FLORIDA MASTER NATURALIST AND FIND THE REAL FLORIDA.
TAKE A MOMENT TO READ OUR “ABOUT US” PAGE TO SEE WHY WE LOVE WHAT WE DO!
DAY TOUR: With your expert naturalist guide, go on an amazing swamp walk in Fakahatchee Strand, called the “Amazon of North America.” This is the most biologically diverse place in South Florida. With your biologist guide, explore the flora and fauna of this unique ecosystem, which includes orchids, bromelieads, alligators, numerous species of birds, the Florida black bear, and more! This wet hike into the unique ecosystem of lush cypress canopy is breathtaking. It will change your life!
Next, embark on a 1-hour guided boat tour with a multi-generation boat captain of the remote and pristine 10,000 Islands in Everglades National Park. On this trip, you will spot a wondrous array of wildlife and tropical birds. The Everglades is the largest subtropical wilderness in the United States, and is home to several endangered species like the Florida panther and the American crocodile. Also, enjoy a delicious lunch at a local restaurant. You will also get to travel back in time to Florida’s Seminole and pioneer past with a visit to a historic trading post. Find the real Florida!
Per Person Rates:
- 2 guests: $295 each
- 3-4 guests: $259 each
- 5-8 guests: $245 each
- 9 – 14 guests: $229 each
- Children (12 and under; with 2 paying adults) $189
- Right now take $20 off adult reservation with promo code bucketlist123.
- Please ask about special group pricing for groups of 8 or more!
- Round-trip transportation from the Greater Ft. Lauderdale and Miami-Dade County areas. If you are coming from an area north of Oakland Park Blvd. in Ft. Lauderdale or south of Brickell in Downtown Miami, we may provide a convenient meet up location. We can pick you up from your cruise ship (post-cruise) and take you to your hotel or to either Miami or Ft. Lauderdale Airport.
INTERESTED IN A PRIVATE TOUR?
Please call us for more details.
We have experience with larger groups.
Please ask about special group rates.
- All inclusive
- Pick up at approximately 7:30 to 7:45 a.m. at your hotel. (Please arrive at the location 20 minutes in advance).
- Drop off at same location at about 5 p.m. (based on normal driving conditions.)
- Note: Tour times may vary due to unexpected traffic issues.
- We provide walking sticks, sunscreen, insect repellent (in case needed), towels, water shoes, bottled water, other beverages, snacks, and more.
- You can consider bringing: a camera, a dry bag (optional), a pair of old sneakers (if preferable to the water shoes), a change of clothes, and a hat (if you prefer).
- A delicious local lunch is included (with vegetarian and vegan choices).
- The wet hike is rated as easy to moderate. You should be in decent physical condition.
- Parts of this tour are weather permitting. There is always a chance that parts of this tour may have to be changed due to weather conditions.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults. 2 person minimum requirement for booking online.
Photos from Past Trips