GO NATIVE: EXPLORE SOUTH FLORIDA FLORA AND FAUNA WITH A NATURALIST
Join your master naturalist guide as you explore two different beautiful natural habitats in South Florida.
On this 4-hour tour, become immersed in these natural areas that are a bit hard to find, and so incredibly special and worth preserving. Bring your camera and let our experienced naturalist guide lead you to making your own discoveries.
This tour is available for pre-cruise, post-cruise, and ship excursion cruise passengers. We will store your bags and provide all transportation as part of the tour (no extra cost). Descriptive Highlights:
- Begin the adventure with a guided trail walk with an experienced naturalist in a natural area where
over 200 new plant species have been identified. This park is part of the Great Florida Birding and Wildlife Trail. The area possesses one of the last remaining cypress sloughs and true tropical hardwood hammocks in South Florida. Become immersed in the lush, prehistoric-looking swamp vegetation, with an opportunity to see a variety of birds, frogs, alligators, turtles, many bird species, and other wildlife.
- Next, travel to a barrier island and venture into one of the last remaining saltwater tidal creeks left
in South Florida. These important and endangered habitats are vital nurseries for various marine
invertebrates and fish. Join our experienced naturalist as we explore this vital ecosystem
look for snapping shrimp, crabs, seahorses, and rays. Enjoy the adventure: Be prepared to get your legs a little wet (we will provide water shoes and towels as needed). After the walk into the creek, experience the vital dune / maritime forest ecology with your naturalist guide on the short walk back, with the chance to see gopher tortoises and much more.
- Personalized, small group tour.
- Find the real Florida!
- $350 (2 people)
- $495 (3 people)
- $595 (4 people)
Please ask for special group rates for groups of 5 or more.
Are you interested in making this a Private Tour? Great. Give us a call (954-673-6647) and we will give you all the details. Do you have a Large Group? This is the perfect tour for your larger group. Call us (954-673-6647) and we will provide you with special rates and other details for larger groups.
- Round-trip transportation: Pick up from any hotel in Broward and Miami-Dade County in a brand-new sprinter vehicle. We also pick up from Port Everglades and the Port of Miami. We can store your luggage and provide transportation free of charge.
- Exciting opportunity for pre-cruise, post-cruise and ship excursion cruise passengers.
- With your experience naturalist guide, explore the lush canopy and wildlife of a rare cypress slough and a true tropical hardwood hammock. You will have an opportunity to see turtles, alligators, a variety of birds and other wildlife.
- Become immersed in the marine life of the saltwater tidal creek and dune / maritime forest habitats. Relish in the unique beauty and importance of this ecosystem. You will have the chance to see fish, rays, shrimp, crabs, birds and much more.
- Reflect on your amazing journey, and enjoy the snacks and refreshments we provide, in air conditioned
comfort on the way back to your hotel or other location.
- INCLUDED: Entrance fees, bottled water, small-group experience, all entry fees, hotel/port pick up and drop off, sunscreen, insect repellent (in case needed), water shoes, towels, walking sticks, and binoculars.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Clothing: Please wear older pants, jeans or shorts.
- Minimum numbers are needed to run this tour.