Off the Beaten Path in the Real Everglades and Florida Keys, and More!
- Venture out to Big Cypress National Preserve and go on a wet walk with an experienced naturalist guide. This is a bucket list type experience. Under a cypress canopy, see air plants like bromeliads, ferns, and orchids. Experience amazing wildlife in an area few get to see!
- Narrated tour along back roads and hidden spots, to see a large variety of bird species and other animals. We know where a lot of the wildlife is. This is your chance to see large alligators, baby alligators, turtles, a wide variety of bird species, and a whole lot more.
- Enjoy a delicious lunch at a charming local restaurant.
- Take a 1-hour guided boat trip tour of the 10,000 Islands region of Everglades National Park. This is your chance to see pods of dolphins, sawtooth fish, roseatte spoonbills, white pelicans, and more!
- Visit a historic trading post, listed on the National Registry of Historic Places.
- Stop at a location known for spotting manatees.
- Head out on a small air boat ride way out in the real Everglades. On this over 1-hour trip, stop at two different Native tree island villages where they used to live. Experience the stunning beauty of their remote way of life. This is a chance to also possibly witness the critically endangered Everglades snail kite, wild alligators up close, and tons of wildlife.
- Check in to a nice hotel in Coral Gables, in short walking distance to many eateries and shops – Dinner on one’s own.
- Day 1 – Lunch, snacks, fresh fruit, soft drinks, water, sparkling water included.
- Breakfast on one’s own in Coral Gables.
- Travel to Homestead and take a small group docent-led tour of the mysterious Coral Castle. Try to discover how one diminutive man somehow built it all.
- Explore a wonderful tropical park with more than 500 species of fruit, herbs, and nuts. Go on a narrated small group tram tour and enjoy a tasting of many fruit varieties.
- Visit and tour a beautiful orchid farm.
- Stop at a few places in Homestead and the Redlands to try a few local delicacies.
- Have lunch at an amazing Caribbean restaurant.
- Tour the southern region of Everglades National Park on trails with your experienced naturalist; and spot alligators, birds, and other wildlife up close.
- Drive to Islamorada in the Florida Keys and stay at an iconic local resort, with a beautiful beach and pool overlooking the ocean
- Eat a locally caught and sustainable seafood dinner at the resort, or at one of several fantastic nearby eateries.
- Lunch included. Snacks and drinks included and on hand throughout the day.
- Breakfast on one’s own before pick up.
- Head out on a beautiful 2-hour kayak or SUP (your choice) out over the ecologically important sea grass flats, led by an experienced naturalist or marine biologist.
- Kick back with a delicious lunch overlooking the water.
- Embark on a snorkeling trip to 2 different spots out on the coral reef in the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary. This is your chance to see rays, sea turtles, manatees, a vast array of tropical fish and more!
- Return to the resort and live "the Keys Life." Have dinner, enjoy poolside relaxation, take part in numerous activities, or simply go on a peaceful beach walk along the ocean.
- Lunch is included. Breakfast and dinner on one’s own.
- All gear, towels, sunscreen, and more (for guest use) and more is included.
- Stop to feed the tarpon and see manatees, and visit a wildlife bird sanctuary.
- Head back to Miami / Ft. Lauderdale with incredible memories of your 4-day adventure.
Please call or email for more details, including rate and reservation information.
Thank you for your interest in our adventures.