Islands in the Stream – Seaplane to Bimini, Old Key West, and the Dry Tortugas; in the Eyes of Hemingway
Day 1 - Bimini
- Take a sea plane flight across crystal blue waters to beautifully remote Bimini Island
- Tour the island on golf carts, the preferred method to visit a few of the historical spots and learn about Hemingway’s time on the island, and Martin Luther King Jr. stay on the island, where he wrote part of this Nobel Peace Prize acceptance speech
- Enjoy the freshest conch salad ever prepared, or other local seafood lunch
- Appreciate the flora and fauna of the island from a local guide
- By boat travel to South Bimini, and visit the world-famous shark lab there
- Relax by the pool overlooking the vast emerald ocean at the Hilton resort
- Dinner on one’s own. Lunch is included. Snacks and drinks included and on hand.
Day 2 – Bimini
- Spend the morning snorkeling, diving, kayaking or fishing
- Spend the afternoon snorkeling, diving, kayaking or fishing
- Lunch is included
- Breakfast and dinner on one’s own
- All gear, equipment, water, snacks, and drinks included
Day 3 – Key West
- Depart in the morning for a seaplane flight back to South Florida.
- Drive to Key West, stopping along the way at a few quirky and unique “Keys” places
- Check into hotel in Old Key West, near everything.
- Breakfast and Dinner on your own
- Seafood or other lunch, snacks and drinks included
Day 4 – Dry Tortugas National Park
- Venture out on the Yankee Freedom on a little over two-hour journey out to one of the extremely remote Dry Tortugas National Park.
- Spend the day snorkeling in the nature preserve with your guide and take an intriguing tour of the Civil War era Fort Jefferson
- Arrive back to Key West in time to catch the famous sunset and see the street performers of Mallory Square
- Have a drink with the group or by yourself at a few of Hemingway’s favorite watering holes, as suggested by your guide.
- Breakfast and lunch are included. Dinner on one’s own
Day 5 – Key West
- Spend the morning touring the famous Hemingway House, other hidden Hemingway spots, and other popular local attractions and tours.
- Return to Miami at about 1 p.m.
- Breakfast on one’s own.
- Head back over about 50 bridges over the vast open ocean, as you reflect on your Islands of the Stream adventure.
Please call or email for more details, including rate and reservation information.
Thank you for your interest in our adventures.